Approximately 25,000 clients utilize the services provided by our Outreach Center. Opened in 2012 the Outreach Center has hygienic showers and public restrooms for the clients to use daily. Part of this service also includes a clothing exchange program, so clients can receive a clean set of clothes when they shower. The Center also has partner rooms where other social service agencies can meet the client’s needs for prayer, food stamps, obtaining Florida Identification and other important documents, cell phones, literacy classes, tax preparation, and a host of medical services. If you have any questions regarding the services we provide or would like to speak with someone regarding a service you may be able to provide to our clients, please email the Social Services Director:
Shower & Hygiene Services: available seven days a week in the outreach center (805 E. Fee Avenue, Melbourne)
- Monday – Friday: 8:15 AM – 1:15 PM
- Saturday & Sunday: 8:15 AM – 11:15 AM
Laundry Assistance: for registered clients experiencing homelessness, three-hour shifts are available Monday – Friday. For each shift worked assisting our Laundry Lead, use our facilities to do one load of laundry is permitted and we will provide the detergent.
ID Services: the State of Florida will provide a free State ID to individuals currently experiencing homelessness. If an individual is registered as a Daily Bread client and actively receiving services, we can assist with providing a letter documenting their registration with us for the DMV to then assist with providing the free ID.
- Please note, if you have not had a Florida ID (or Driver’s License) since 2010, and do not currently have a copy of your birth certificate, you will need to obtain a copy before you can utilize our assistance to obtain an ID. If you are unable to obtain a copy on your own, we do have a way we can assist. See the Social Services Director or the Client Services Coordinator for more information.
Free Haircuts: TBA
Food Stamp Application Assistance:
- Monday, 8:15 AM – 1:00 PM with Donna. Includes the option of being able to complete required DCF interview in-person, the same day, for new/renewal applicants.
- Thursday, 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM with Kay. Does not include the option of being able to complete required DCF interview in-person, the same day. Letter will be sent from DCF to your mailing address with your scheduled interview time, after application has been submitted.
Backpacks, work boots, tarps, sleeping bags, bicycles, birth certificates & tents: when available, we can assist with providing these items. However, with the exception of work boots, to receive these items, it is required to work at the warehouse for the requisite hours for each item. Additionally, bicycles can only be given once every six month, unless an exception is provided by the Social Services Director.
- Work boots can be obtained with a letter from an employer stating they are needed for work. The letter needs to be turned into Social Services and then we will be provided with a note to procure them from the warehouse. Please keep in mind, we do not purchase boots. They are donated, and we may not have your size.
AA Meetings: held Friday through Monday at 8:30 AM with James. Group name: First Things First
Prayer Time: every Thursday, with Prince of Peace Lutheran Church (Mike), from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Employment Prep Assistance: Monday & Wednesday, 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM with Bert.
- Resume preparation
- Assistance identifying jobs and completing applications
- See mail attendant for forms or email: for further questions.
Mail Stop: you may use: 815 East Fee Avenue, Melbourne, FL 32901 as your mailing address. Please ensure your information is entered into our client database, and that you have had your identification verified by a Daily Bread staff member.
Medical & Mental Health Services
HIV Testing: twice a month. Next testing dates: 05/19/17 & 06/02/17
Brevard Health Alliance Mobile Clinic: Fridays, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Blood Pressure & Glucose Testing: first Thursday of every month via VNA and Blood Pressure testing on Wednesdays via Keiser’s Nursing Program Students.
Magellan, a Florida Medicaid specialty health plan that focuses on Medicaid beneficiaries with a serious mental Illness. Representative (Kristine) available: Tuesdays, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM.
Free Flu Shots: seasonal – next visit: October 20, 2017, 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
We offer assistance with SafeLink phones on Wednesday & Thursday from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM in the Outreach Center