Dining Facility, formerly known as the “Soup Kitchen.” Terminology is everything. Consider the difference between the term “soup kitchen” to “dining facility.” Where would you eat?
Daily Bread is most known for the daily hot meal it serves. We are open 365 days a year and serve the daily meal from 11 AM - 2 PM. In 2016, 82,958 meals were served to 4,033 customers. That is average of 229 per day!
Daily Bread's dining facility is a great opportunity to give back to the community by preparing and serving a hot meal to those in our community most in need. With help from the community donors and volunteers we get this mission done. Our volunteers range from church groups, schools, community service workers, Patrick AFB or even you! We turn no one away who is willing to serve. We may even send you home with some bread to keep you till your next visit. Volunteer opportunities range from cooking to cleaning all we need is a person with a willing spirit to serve and have fun.
27 Amazing groups that currently make up the daily serving team each month.
- Ascension Catholic Community
- Center Pointe Christian Church
- Eastminister Presbyterian Church
- Elevation Church SPC
- First Christian Church
- First Presbyterian Church of Palm By
- First United Methodist Church of Melbourne
- Holy Apostles Lutheran Church
- Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Community
- Holy Trinity Church
- Knights of Columbus (JFK Assembly)
- Knights of Columbus (Bishop Verot)
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Community
- Melbourne First Church of Nazarene
- Motley Crew
- Palmdale Presbyterian Church
- Patrick Air Force Base
- Prince of Peace Anglican Church
- Rivera United Church of Christ
- St. George (Catholic & Protestant) Community
- St. John Episcopal Church
- St. John the Evangelist Catholic Community
- St. Timothy Lutheran Church
- Suntree United Methodist Church
- Trinity Presbyterian Church
- Unitarian Church Friendship Fellowship
If you are interested in volunteering in the dining facilty, please reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator, Nancy. She can be reached by email: or by phone at (321) 723-1060 x16. For all other questions regarding the dining facility, please reach out to our Kitchen Manager, Omar at or by phone at (321) 723-1060 x20.